Residential AC Rebate
Groton Utilities residential HVAC Mini-Splits rebate program provides cash incentives for new or replacement energy efficient mini-split HVAC systems that meet high efficiency standards.
Currently we have special pricing that may rebate the entire cost of condenser equipment (installation not included) up to a maximum of $5,000 per condenser. Rebate will be based on manufacturer invoice and condenser size.
- Only residential electric customers of Groton Utilities and Bozrah Light and Power are eligible
- Removable window installed room air conditioners are not included in this program
- Completed applications must be submitted within 30 days of the equipment installation to be eligible for rebates
- Maximum three condensers per rebate per utility account
- MFD (Mult-Family Dwelling) owners may contact Groton Utilities to discuss rebate options
- Rebates are issued to the account holder and require a zero balance prior to issuance. The account holder may be contacted if a balance is owed.
- Please allow 6 to 8 weeks for rebate processing.
Equipment Minimum Specifications
- AHRI Rated Central Air Conditioning Split System (non-ducted) Cooling Only 16 SEER / 13 EER
- AHRI Rated Central Air Conditioning Split Systems (ducted) Cooling Only 16 SEER / 12 EER
- AHRI Rated Mini Split Heat Pump Systems - Single or Multiple Indoor Unit (non-ducted) Cooling and Heat 18 SEER / 13 EER / 9 HSPF
- AHRI Rated Mini Split Heat Pump Systems - Single or Multiple Indoor Unit (ducted) Cooling and Heat 16 SEER /12 EER / 8 HSPF
- Customer purchases qualifying mini-split/heat pump equipment
- Qualifying equipment is installed
- Customer completes the Rebate Application on this page, including the below documentation
- Attach a copy of the dated sales receipt that shows the manufacturers model number
- Attach a copy of the installing contractor's invoice
- Attach a copy of manufacturer invoice of condenser (rebate amount dependent on invoice amount and condenser size)
- Attach a copy of the AHRI certificate (comes with condenser at purchase)
- Attach a copy of a recent electric bill
- Choose to have rebate amount credited to customers Groton Utilities account or paid direct to contractor
Incomplete information may delay or disqualify your rebate. All rebates are granted at the sole discretion of Groton Utilities and are subject to change at any time.
Read - Terms And Conditions (PDF)