In August 2005, the Connecticut Legislature enacted a comprehensive energy bill (Governor Rell signed into law) in response to rising energy prices and serious constraints in Connecticutís electric transmission and distribution systems. As part of the law, Connecticut municipal electric utilities, including Groton Utilities, are required to offer rebates and incentives to its electricity customers who implement energy saving measures in their homes and businesses. Groton Utilitiesí energy conservation program(s), rebates and incentives become effective January 1st, 2006.
Groton Utilities, effective January 1st, 2006, is mandated to collect incentive funds from its customers through a surcharge of 1 mil per kilo-watt hour billed on customerís monthly electric bill. These funds are used to provide cash incentives to Groton Utilitiesí energy consumers that invest in energy saving equipment and retrofits. Those participating customers who conserve electricity by making energy conscious investments help to reduce all Groton Utilitiesí customer energy costs by reducing electricity demand during peak summer and winter periods.
Groton Utilities offers a variety of innovative programs designed to help home and business customers reduce and proactively manage their energy costs. Groton Utilitiesí current programs are easy to use and provide cash incentives that cover a portion of the total project cost.
Groton Utilities is pleased to offer you Energy Depot, a new set of online tools and resources to help you better understand and manage your
home energy use and costs. Energy Depot is your one-stop resource for energy information and it's available FREE! You can use Energy Depot to:
- Receive a personalized energy profile with an estimate of your energy costs for each home energy system/appliance
- Learn specific things you can do to reduce energy use and how much you can save
- Complete a do-it-yourself home energy audit and receive your report online
- Quickly estimate the annual energy use and cost of home energy systems and appliances with the Energy Calculator
- Use the Energy Library to answer your energy questions
- Get answers to the most frequently asked questions regarding home energy use
- And more...
To get started with Energy Depot just click the appropriate link below.
If you are a customer of Groton Utilities, click here.
If you are a customer of Bozrah Light & Power, click here.